Articles of Faith
Article 1. We believe in the only true and living God, and that there are three in the Godhead, the father, Son and the Holy Ghost.
- John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- 2Cor 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
- Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
Article 2. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the revealed Word of God, and the only rule of faith and practice.
- 2Pet 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
- 2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Article 3. We believe in the doctrine of a particular and eternal election.
- Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
- Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
- 1Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
- 2Thess 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth
Article 4. We believe in the doctrine of original sin.
- Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
- Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
- Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Article 5. We believe in man’s impotency to recover himself from the state he is in by nature, by his own free will and ability.
- John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
- Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
- Article 6. We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
- 2Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
- Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
- 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
- Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth
- Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Article 7. We believe that God’s elect shall be called regenerated, and sanctified by the Holy Ghost
- Jude 1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
- Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- 2Tim 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
Article 8. We believe that the saints of God are saved by grace, by which they are also kept and preserved, and shall not finally fall away, but shall be ready to be revealed as the last time.
- Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
- 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
- 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
- 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
- John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
- Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
- 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
- Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.
- 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
- 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
- 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
- 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
- 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
- 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Article 9. We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinance of Jesus Christ and that feet washing is an example given to the Church of Our Lord and Master and should be kept up and practiced until He comes again.
- Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
- John 13:14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet.
- 15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
- John 13:17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
- 1Tim 5:10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints’ feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.
- Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
- Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Article 10. We believe that the bodies of all the children of God that remain at His second coming will be changed in a moment’s time and the twinkling of an eye.
- 1Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
- 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
- Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
Article 11. We believe that no minister has the right to the administration of these ordinances only such as are regularly called, and come under the imposition of the hands of a Presbytery.
- Heb 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
- 1Tim 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
- Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
- 3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
- 1Thess 2:4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
Article 12. We believe in the doctrine of the resurrection that the bodies of all men that fall in death shall come forth at the command of Jesus Christ at His second coming, the just in likeness of the Lord to live in peace with Him in Glory and the unjust to everlasting punishment.
- Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
- Matt 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
- 2Thess 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
- 2Tim 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect’s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.